19th July covid update
Since reopening we have been working hard to keep our guests safe. The government guidelines change again today and as a result we would like to clarify our position when it comes to safety measures.
We have decided that we are in essence going to continue with the way we are currently operating until the end of September. We will then review the guidance and decide how to move forward.
- Please keep wearing face coverings if you can. While it is no longer a legal requirement to wear a face covering in communal parts of the building request that guests wear face coverings if possible.
- We will continue with table service at breakfast. Breakfast is to be pre ordered the night before and will be served to the table along with drinks. Guests will be asked to remain seated during breakfast.
- Enhanced hygiene. Hand sanitizers will remain in place at the entrance to the building and in communal areas.
Please continue to be kind and respectful.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we have been working hard to ensure guest safety is a priority. The measures we have put in place have been recognised and we have been accredited with the Were Good to Go and AA’s Covid Confident kitemarks.
We have also followed government advice and best practice guidance from the UK Hospitality government endorsed guidance notes, UK Housekeeping Association Covid-19 tool kit and The Association of Scotland’s Self-Caterers cleaning protocols in order to put together a robust risk assessment for the premises.
After reading government guidelines and suggested procedures from the UK Hospitality Association and the UK Housekeeping Association we have conducted a thorough risk assessment; reviewing every part of our guest house and our processes. As a result we have made changes to how we work. Appropriate measures and controls have been put in place to reduce the risks of infection from Covid-19. Some of the changes we have made now mean:
- On arrival you will be asked to sign a health declaration form.
- Throughout your stay we will be practicing safe distancing and will be wearing face coverings.
- Hand sanitizers are positioned in our porch and throughout the guest house, please use when entering the building and dining room.
- We have implemented a rigorous cleaning and disinfecting schedule for our public areas (including high-touch areas such as doors, banisters and door handles, doorbells etc.)
- Breakfast orders will be taken in advance and breakfast times will be staggered to ensure the safety of our guests. We are now using both the dining room and reception room for service, to allow maximum space between tables.
- Where possible guests will use the same tables throughout their stay. We will now be providing all condiments in sachets to help prevent cross contamination.
- Buffet breakfast will not be on display but the items usually on the buffet can be served at your table if required.
- We have made changes to our already rigorous room cleaning procedure and Will be following processes set by the UK Housekeeping Association.
- We only accept stays for a minimum of 2 nights. Unfortunately one night stays have become commercially unviable due to the additional cleaning and having to leave rooms fallow between stays.
- The leaflet stand has been removed from reception in order to avoid cross contamination, however we will be happy to provide information on places to go during your stay. We are also happy to provide assistance when booking restaurants, which in some cases now require advance reservation. We have gathered copies of menus from a number of restaurants which we are happy to e-mail over to you.